Crap Tuesday? Returns Wednesday?

Only 19 shopping days until Christmas?

Reply to
GB

Wonga Wednesday?

Revenge of the Cybermen-day?

Reply to
polygonum

I make it 23 shopping days. After all, what day isn't a shopping day?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

It's only about 10 days before the January sales start.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Only a week until I'm in the Forest of Dean for a week away from the loonies :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ah there is a thing, If i was really that bothered, I'd have geot ready to tweet that cyber monday is not real, its been created by some nutter who thinks that people will believe that they have to get on now to get the bargains.

That is rubbish, as if everyone just sat there and ignored such crap, the sellers would notbe able to sell stuff and have to discount it even more.

so peeps. Ignore these things and just shop normally. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That's the first time I've known anyone go *to* the Forest to avoid loonies. :-) I shouldn't laugh at the Forest folk though - they serve a very useful function keeping the Welsh away from the rest of us. They're good for playing Hide and Seek too - when they count time on their fingers you get two seconds extra to hide.

Reply to
Bob Henson

ooohh :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Perhaps regretful Tuesday, as lots of people are realising that the goods they bought over the black Friday weekend were more expensive than they were on the Thursday before.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I bought a Dremel 3000 for £25. It's still that price at the moment, so no great bargain, but it seems a reasonable piece of kit for the money.

Reply to
GB

Where's my goods Tuesday. Amazon have temporarily suspended the Next Day Delivery service, even for those with Amazon Prime.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

An advantage of the amazon lightening deals, is that it is easy to check the Amazon price history on CamelCamelCamel (well except for previous lightning deals I guess, which don't show as they don't last long enough). They post the deals in advance, so you know what coming and you get a 15 minute window once it's in your basket to complete the purchase. So it's easy to check the amazon price and compare it to other places to see if it really is a deal.

I bought 3 things, all were things I've been looking to buy, all were a good price, and cheaper than I could have bought them before, or since.

Though I'm sure yes that some people just buy stuff and assume it's a good deal or just because they can. There are suspiciously large number of identical new Blaupunkt 40in TV's onebay right now (one of the things Tesco or Asda were promoting on Black Friday)

Reply to
Chris French

Those Blaupunkts were very visible on the news reports of the punch-ups!

Reply to
Bob Eager