Re: Close coupled bog cistern - knackered bolts

> Never quite understood why some do it like that. My ancient Ideal

> > Standard has brackets as part of the porcelain body so the fixing > > bolts ain't in water. > > > Neither are these - but it seems that condensation or weepage over the > years have done at least one side in!

Ah - a mate has a B&Q one where the bolts go through the bottom of the cistern. And not surprisingly have leaked.

These are underneath notionally in the dry open air...

Mine are brass and have survived well.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I thought these things come as a kit, with a clamping plate? Like this

GB