OT Wetherspoons phasing out steaks

It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

Reply to
ARW

Well I won't be going there again then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Our local outlet has a habit of coating their steaks with some potion or other that tastes not too brilliant and they are reluctant to leave it off. So we go elsewhere.

Pizzas are not going to tempt us back.

It's a pity because Weatherspoons are one of the few that refuse to sell halal.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Is it even true?

Reply to
Andy Burns

ARW wrote on 10/12/2017 :

My big beef with them is that they don't publish their prices, except on their menus in the outlets. Other similar places manage it, why not JDW? Even if the price is just shown on a scan of their current on site menu pages.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yes.

Reply to
ARW

for vegetarians"

just thought you'd like to know how the clientele may change :)

Reply to
Robin

You can still have ham on the pizza:-)

And check your inbox/spam trap.

Reply to
ARW

Mine is that our local place (that I've probably been in twice in the many may years it's been there) has 'Norman Doors'.

I've watched many people the few times I've been there struggling by pulling the 'push' side of the doors because they have 'pull' handles not just push plates.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Actually they do use Halal meat, it just does not say so on the menu. ie they do buy halal meat and cook it (dare I say badly) but they do not offer a halal certificate in the cooking and handling of the meat or claim that it is halal.

What you want is a totally halal free meal. Try the gammon or the bacon sandwich:-)

Now are you any good on hotel TV distribution amps?

Got a problem with one.

Reply to
ARW

They're phasing out cocktails as well. A friend of mine ordered a 'slippery nipple' on Friday evening and was given the Baileys and the Sambuca in separate glasses. They're not allowed to mix such drinks any more, for some reason! I wonder what they'd say nowadays if someone ordered a 'snakebite'. :)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Probably some snowflake found the name offensive....

Reply to
newshound

Yes.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Did the server consent to be asked? Sexual harassment otherwise...

As most JDW staff seem to be McDonalds rejects[1][2] you will probably find the the veggie burgers are fried on the same griddle as the meat burgers using the animal fat to stop them sticking.

[1] I gave up my local Southend-on-Sea JDW outlet many years ago. I believe it was a training pub for their managers resulting in the invisible customer syndrome. Too many staff with manager badges not serving and too many staff on "cleaning duties" not serving. It was a well run pub except for the inconvenience of the customers who actually wanted to buy anything.
Reply to
alan_m

Made with real cheese or cheese flavoured glop? They have probably noticed many fans of the latter enjoying it spread on top of tacos with green guacamole cheese. A whole man's daily calories in that, I guess.

There have been some great days when they have to clear the fridge of steaks - bit like selling off close to (but not at) end by date beers.

I hope they keep doing burgers, and putting McD to shame ...

Oh, and the Dragon Curry ;-)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

The Post House? Bit of a student pub, crazy busy when I've been in.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Listening 144.60 Mc/s wide FM the new post Amateur radio calling channel ... ... Once you see the RSGB logo you know your blackballed.... ^^^^ you're Signed...Known trouble maker ...

HTH

Reply to
Graham.

Well I'll be in touch in 24 hours if TC's plan does not work - your help would then be very much appreciated.

Also there seems to be a problem with the TV that is in the existing place as it only seems to show the Jeremy Kyle show. I cannot find a remote control for the TV and wonder if an axe could be used to change the channel or should I stick with an angle grider?

Reply to
ARW