OT Wetherspoons phasing out steaks

Just go on to the show as a guest and confront Mr Kyle ::-)

Reply to
Scott

Guy who owns it was on Desert Island Discs the other week. Quite the worst choice of music I've heard in a long long time on there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I did say I gave up on it years ago and I suppose now the business model may have changed.

Reply to
alan_m

"your" != "you're" FFS.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

She probably won't care. It's the _taste_ of meat she dislikes, not the principle. And like some other vegetarians of my acquaintance, she'll be much more inclined to a Wetherspoon's pizza if they offer a crispy bacon topping.

Reply to
Robin

Got any references to this Adam?

I did not find any with a quick search and they are still promoting their Tuesday night steak club online. I even skimmed through their winter newsletter and found nought.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Give it time. They are keeping quiet about it to see if it works

I do know of one in London that has never sold steaks.

Reply to
ARW

I find the JD near work does a decent burger and a pint combo that I treat myself to occasionally... Not tried any of their other food for a long time.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Really? +1 to them. But it's not like they are going to get the demographic that wants it :->>>

Reply to
Tim Watts

And easier to cook - although I wonder if they've considered the costs of keeping a pizza oven hot all day?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The Caley Picture House in Edinburgh is a JDW; didn't realise at the time but they served a decent burger and a good selection of beers.

Reply to
Halmyre

Not enough of those staeakholders we often read about being consulted, obviously.

:-) Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The Caley Hotel, on the other hand, is not

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I had that problem years ago in a local pub in chingford, one of the reason I prefered the west end pubs. It got worse when I went over to 'hairy chests'.

Reply to
whisky-dave

When I asked there were always two excuses, people get really drunk on those and cause fights so we don't serve them, or it's a cocktail and we don't have a license for cocktails. Cocktails are defined as two or more mixed alcoholic drinks.

Reply to
whisky-dave

There is no such thing as a licence for selling cocktails. The Licence is to serve alcohol. It's obviously a management decision, but put the blame on to someone else. Usually it's the HSE who get the blame.

Reply to
charles

Not sure if the HSE can do that sort of thing in pubs, but the landlord doe s have the right to serve of not to serve and this pub was very close to a police station in chingford, but they agreed to sell me what I wanted in tw o seperate glasses so a few rounds and a few weeks later they gave in when they realised that I wasn't the one likely to cause problems but the kids o n stella were.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I have been refused a quintuple measure of single malt whisky. The barman said he couldn't sell more than a double in one glass.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No; it's a Waldorf Astoria :(

Reply to
Halmyre

Hopefully with fresh waldorfs available 24 hours a day

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog