Water meters on average save 20% of water - is that true?

I check ours once a month (it's awkward, down a deep hole in the pavement in the next road).

When it was fitted, the guy who did it noticed the numbers were spinning. The pipe had a leak to the tune of several cubic metres (30 I think) a day. It was caused by a previous tee off the pipe, to a neighbouring property that had just been rebuilt, not being sealed properly if at all.

They fixed it for free, and didn't charge us until the leak was fixed.

It fixed our mysteriously soggy back path, too.

Our cosumption has been interesting (I graph it). It was quite high until older son's long term girlfriend split up with him. Dropped quite a bit. Dropped a lot more when he moved out to his own flat. Bounced up during firts lockdown when younger son's girlfrirnd moved in. She still stays sometimes but we are back down a bit.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sounds like a "business" water provider?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes. Farm premises. Still involves crawling about on a roadside verge:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Considered a Limpetreader? Not cheap (IIRC c. £300) but I think it'd qualify for annual investment allowances.

Reply to
Robin

I'm retired so the actual use is mainly domestic and toilet/handwashing for people working at the yard.

Reply to
Tim Lamb