OT. Wahoo - I'm a Fair Trader!

You've got to pick up allies where you can

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Not really. Remember that I'm an individualist. I don't need allies.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Then you're also an optimist.

Reply to
Ian White

No, but *he* might. No such thing as society, we love Macs. All you disagree on is who has flown more air miles and whether Ryanair counts as flying. You really learn all you need to know about politics in the primary school playground. Or more precisely, you learn what to do to stop yourself being picked on at playtime.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Ah but that's for him.

It certainly counts as flying. Whether I would want to go on it is another thing entirely.

Interesting thought, although I rather think that it happens before that to a degree with siblings. As regards to the school playground, I don't think that I ever acquiesced to people or things that I didn't like in order not to be picked upon and neither did I stand on the edge observing. If something was wrong and it was necessary to say that it was wrong, I didn't hesitate about that. In that respect, not much has changed. I still don't stand on the edge of the playground, but I don't fall in with the popular view for the sake of convenience either, if it's wrong.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think that one has to be a combination of an optimist and a realist; otherwise one might as well make an appointment at the Soylent factory now.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't live in Medway. I've looked at TMH's web site. He will derive no benefit from this. He may even have to pay for the bandwidth I used. How did he benefit?

Reply to
Si

In message , John Stumbles writes

so your prices are higher so? :)

Reply to
Si

At my school you either had to play football or have a copy of Health & Efficiency for hire. Don't ask!

Reply to
Stuart Noble

*that* long ago......
Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Stuart Noble writes

when I was in the first year (secondary school) the hardcase from the second year had a go at me. I beat him up quite severely and nobody touched me after that

... until the fourth form where I had a run in with the head prefect - who really should have known better

The only two fights I ever got into IIRC

Reply to
geoff

ROFL

Reply to
Grunff

The name's Bond. Basildon Bond.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Is being dumb in season this week?

More links, higher preference in search engines.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The name's Bond. Premium Bond......

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Are you referring to Richard Branson?

People who are correct are frequently referred to as "arrogant", usually by social inadequates.

If I were being killfiled by someone whose opinions I cared for I might worry. However I don't see that the contents of anyone elses killile is my concern and I don't know why some people think that publicising their killfile entries means anything to anyone other than themselves.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The name's Bond. superglue ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , Steve Firth writes

ahhh, that's that personal abuse you so abhor Steve

I don't link to it, though you're making me think I might. And only Google and its derivatives determine popularity of a site by means of the quantity of other sites that link to it.

There's a whole other big wide world outside Google. :)

Reply to
Si

On that we can all agree.

Reply to
Ian White

Being dumb and argumentative is in season all through December

Reply to
Stuart Noble