OT Utter incompetence

Just received an annual credit card statement from a bank. First time ever. Anyway it shows we spent £xK and paid them £xK500 with no interest charges! The idiots have just grabbed 2 dates and not allowed for the first payment being relevant to the previous year and ignored the fact that the last payment for the year has not been made. Am I the only person who thinks that this is stupid?

Reply to
Capitol

New regulations I think to keep the consumer "informed". To me it's a waste of paper. Like the two pages of useless blurb that arrive with my current account statement and the extra one with credit card statement. the same bank that a number of years ago reduced the amount of pages in their statements as a "green" measure to save paper...

As for the numbers not balancing, that's just a function of payment and purchase timings. Can you work out a reliable way to make things balance when all you have is a date when a payment/purchase hit the account?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've just had a two page letter that does nothing except inform me that, in he past year, there have been no overdraft charges against my account. I didn't really need to be told that.

Reply to
Nightjar

In article ,

Reply to
Tim Streater

I signed up for paperless billing in order to save the planet. RBS then sent me a thick glossy bound booklet detailing all my account activity for the year which included pie charts of various spending activities. The data for these charts was based on pure guess work by the RBS.

The paper they used for this booklet, and the cost of production/postage, was far in excess of that required to send regular paper statements.

I no longer bank with RBS.

Reply to
alan_m

against my

Agreed but we aren't talking about chnages in T&Cs but routine monthly statements or the useless annual account summary. I get changes in T&Cs as a separate mailing. I don't pay more than a very casual glance at the extra pages with a statement before they head for the "lighting the woodburner" stack...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Nightjar