OT uk.legal

As has been mentioned elsewhere, I'm not sure 'sense' comes into it, quite the opposite in fact.

What is clear is that Jim is *at least* one can short of a sixpack, so obviously doesn't understand why what he is doing is antisocial and that therefore explains why he doesn't respect the very rules that stop any place descending into chaos.

I'm sure he would be the first to bleat as soon as anything started to impact him negatively. It's all down to a lack of empathy.

Once chaos rules, the 'good people' leave and when the penny eventually drops with those who ruined it in the first place, they then move on to get their selfish entertainment elsewhere, ruining that as they go. Like those spreading from uk.r.a to here.

The shame is they will often (but not always) only 'get it' when someone objects in a way they can't misunderstand. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

That is because of crossposting, and in a way I'm glad as the group was usually filled with pompous overbearing old school folk who seemed not to live in the world we do. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

You've pretty much just described Reddit. Seems to work very well.

Reply to
David

It takes quite a while to be whitelisted ,and I do not post often enough as it takes a while to be moderated sometimes then your comment is stale and old news.

Reply to
F Murtz

Reddit has a couple of problems, firstly it is centralised and is thus vulnerable to government, large corporate, etc... pressure.

Secondly it relies on moderation. The subreddits I have looked at clearly have echo chamber moderators, I don't know if that is common in other subreddits.

My idea was a decentralised structure like usenet together with a distributed ranking algorithm. It may be the reddit ranking algorithm would be good, but I suspect it is quite a hard thing to do well.

Reply to
Pancho