? OT: Tyre pressures

I went to the garage today to check my tyre pressure. I have a Chrysler. When I looked in the book it said the recommended pressure was 2.7 bar, (not lb per sq in). So I had no idea what that meant in real money so I came home again!!! Can anybody tell me how to conver Bar pressure into something I can use at the air pump??

TIA

Angela

Reply to
AK

1 bar is roughly 14.5 psi, so just over 39psi for you.

HTH

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Most forecourt airlines have their gauges in both PSI and BAR (if they have a working airline at all that is!).

Out of interest:

1 bar = 14.5037738 pound-force/square inch (PSI)

So your Chrysler needs ~40 PSI (quite high?)

For this and EVERY other conversion you would ever want (probably) go to ..

the best ..

T i m

p.s. Also tread yourself to a digital pressure gauge (~9.99) ..

Reply to
T i m

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:30:24 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "AK" strung together this:

Does the gauge at the garage not have a bar scale? That's how I usually do it. Go to

and type convert bar to psi.

Reply to
Lurch

2.7 bar = 39 psi.

Troy

"AK" wrote in news:c54cqk$ldi$ snipped-for-privacy@news.freedomsurf.net:

Just type:

2.7 bar in psi

into google. Hit send. Read screen.

if you want to know more.

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

Multiply bars by 14.5 to get lbs/sq.in. Or use a garage which has the gauge marked in both.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Thanks Tim. I just checked the book and the label on the dorr and both say

2.7 bar!
Reply to
AK

I fail to understand how anyone couldn't find the conversion from bar to psi within a few minutes, as suggested above. Everything is there on the internet, but unfortunately it does require a slight spark of intelligence to find the information and interpret it, which seems to be sadly lacking these days. I didn't even have to look, because I was educated in the

40's - 60's and already knew that 1 bar is approximately 14.5 psi. If you asked most people about bars, they would probably direct you to the nearest pub :-)

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

2.7 bar. That is real money. PSI is a deprecated unit. Garage airlines have gauges with bar pressures and you can get gauges in Halfords etc.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Surely more use to download one of the many free convertor proggies which would do this conversion and many more?

It might have just been called atmospheric pressure then. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

: Terry D wrote: : > I fail to understand how anyone couldn't find the conversion from bar to : > psi within a few minutes, as suggested above. Everything is there on : > the internet, but unfortunately it does require a slight spark of : > intelligence to find the information and interpret it, which seems to be : > sadly lacking these days. :

Using that logic, the same can be said for the most of the questions that are asked on this and other N/Gs.

Maybe some people are not as computer/internet literate as others like to think they themselves are!

Reply to
J.Milton.Hayes

a bar is about 14psi

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"J.Milton.Hayes" wrote in news:JYudnVJr2M- snipped-for-privacy@karoo.co.uk:

My reply was intended more to help anyone else having a similarly straightforward question find their answer quickly and easily than directly to answer the OP. That is, to add to the collective computer/internet literacy. And, by so doing, encourage people to look for answers rather than ask for them.

It is somewhat easier than working out how to get an Oracle patch set installed. :-)

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

: >: Terry D wrote: : >: > I fail to understand how anyone couldn't find the conversion from : > bar to : >: > psi within a few minutes, as suggested above. Everything is there : > on : >: > the internet, but unfortunately it does require a slight spark of : >: > intelligence to find the information and interpret it, which seems : > to be : >: > sadly lacking these days. : >: : >

: >

: > Using that logic, the same can be said for the most of the questions : > that are asked on this and other N/Gs. : >

: > Maybe some people are not as computer/internet literate as others like : > to think they themselves are! : : My reply was intended more to help anyone else having a similarly : straightforward question find their answer quickly and easily than : directly to answer the OP. That is, to add to the collective : computer/internet literacy. And, by so doing, encourage people to look : for answers rather than ask for them. : : It is somewhat easier than working out how to get an Oracle patch set : installed. :-) : : -- : Rod

;-))

Reply to
J.Milton.Hayes

In message , J.Milton.Hayes writes

ROFL!

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

Irn-Bru, anyone?

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

impressed to see that it had my favourite unit of measurements the chain and the rod.

What on earth were they measuring years ago, presumably with chains and rods?

Scott

Reply to
Scott Mills

Land? ie fields.