OT] Accurate tyre gauge

Can anyone recommend a small, accurate, tyre pressure gauge.?

Don

Reply to
Donwill

The piston in cylinder sort are very accurate and small. Pen sized.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Can you still get those? I had to settle for a digital thingumybob t'other day.

Reply to
Tinkerer

Bought ne last year so I think so.

Came in a repair kit or something. All I wanted was the thing that unscrews valves but I got a pressure gauge three spare dustcaps and some other crap as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I got one not so long ago. I'd be extremely surprised if they ever stop making them. I'm not keen on digital ones. Less to go wrong with pen type.

Reply to
John Whitworth

A few patches, rubber solution and a bit of french chalk?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Don't think so. Had that already. This was valve service rather than puncture IIRC. Anyway I only needed to pull the valves out of my lawn tractor to fill the ruddy tyres up with green slime. Mowing the hawthorn clippings saves a shredder, but beats hell out of the tyres.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I bought a £3 one from asda last week, it reads the same as my stick one but is much easier to read.

Reply to
dennis

£1.99 in Wilkos.
Reply to
ARWadsworth

It is worth making a valve unscrewer of a bit meatier stuff than tends to be in the shops - often plastic, and get chewed up straight away, and even the old reversible brass caps used to get chewed up fairly quickly. I just cut the top end off a 4" nail and filed a slot in it in the end. Now the only problem is finding it.

Incidentally I had quite a silly row a year or two back with a man who was about to pay a garage to change a valve for him, and simply refused to believe me that he could unscrew it and replace it for a few pence himself. He would not even believe there was a removable valve inside the filler tube. He was a black belt karate instructor, and very 'sure of himself', so I didn't pursue the matter too far!

Spamlet