OT TV news - have I gone mad?

I was at a customers house tonight and she turned on the TV and put on a news channel - dunno what channel it was.

However the main headline was that Justin Bieber has attacked a photographer and the second headline was that North Korea has threatened to nuke the USA. WTF?

I still managed to get her phone number-:)

Reply to
ARW

At least Beebo didn't sing at them, so we must be grateful for small mercies.

Good man.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

At one time the news presenters were true professionals, now they are just nobheads who keep saying errrrrrrr. There is one bimbo on Sky who looks stressed out to the limit. I only look at the news on telly, the rest is s**te. Who is Justin Bieber?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Just another day in this crazy world. I've never heard of this Justin character, so i think the whole thing has been engineered for publicity. As for North Korea, well judging by the reliability of their rockets, the only thing they will be nuking is fish.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Day 1: under-age mates barred from nightclub on his birthday Day 2: two hours late starting show so fans miss last bus home Day 3: taken to hospital for oxygen after over-doing it on stage Day 4: attacks photographer

Publicity seeking? No I don't believe you.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Was there any suggestion that the two items were interlinked?

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Well, err...yes!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wouldn't be surprised or just a spoilt brat who has no concern for those that are bank rolling him and his circus.

Wasn't the last one completely succesfull in popping something into orbit? They don't have to reach the US, just across the border into South Korea will do. It is hopefully just rather more retoric and sabre rattling than real threat but I'm not convinced. It would be state suicide to do it but do they actually care about that?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What, that she thinks Adam looks like Justin Bieber or she wants a shag when the Four Minute Warning sounds?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ah, but does she know why you wanted it?

Reply to
Lobster

Yes what?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Four minutes warning! That leaves enough time for the after shag pizza:-)

Reply to
ARW

er yers - assuming you don't pre-warm the oven.... as it were.

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Yes, who IS justin bieber?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I usually use Gash mark 8.

Reply to
ARW

On Saturday 09 March 2013 17:50 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

The owner of a facebook/twitter account where 40 million people discussed the Arab spring uprising.

Reply to
alan

JoeJoe

On Sunday 10 March 2013 00:20 JoeJoe wrote in uk.d-i-y:

ROTHF!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Overdoing what? Does miming make you hyperventilate?

Reply to
Halmyre