OT: Thunderturd

Richard is there a similar shortcut to close the threads please?

TIA

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Found it ! "\" collapses all threads

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I knew about the backslash, but not the asterisk. And the latest Thunderbird doesn't always advance to the next message when you press the space-bar, so from somewhere in my memory I recalled that n did that as well. So now I use n every time as it does it reliably, whereas the space-bar only works sometimes (how I wonder as software is usually predictable?). Are these things documented somewhere?

Reply to
Clive Page

Richard

That is because space actually scrolls down the message you are currently reading. Only if it reaches the end of the current message does it then automatically trigger a move to next message (i.e. what n does).

Hence the varying behaviour is dictated by the length of the message you are reading, and the size of the viewing window. If the message is all visible in the window, space will indeed act like n, but its a side effect and not what its actually designed to do.

Reply to
John Rumm