OT Things to do in London

A similar boat sank, making for an extremely exciting ride!

If you fancy a museum, the Wallace Collection is great - lots of armour, as well as art. Nice teas!

Reply to
GB

Kew Bridge Steam Museum.

The other end of the chain compared to the sewage pumping station.

Reply to
GB

In Singapore a few years ago I asked Management if she wanted to go on a duck tour. She was a little startled and still looking for the ducks as the vehicle transferred from road to water...

I'll give you one you may not have thought of. The Museum of Childhood. Has a theme which changes, but basics which stay. Excellent cafe too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh - is this a continuation of the last problem they had?

Reply to
Tim Watts

no, the river part of the duck tours went down the drain after work started on the new Thames sewer

Robin

You drive there? That your first mistake.

Best attraction: Kings Cross Station departure platform...

Are the ducks still doing pleasure trips on the Thames? Converted WWII amphibious vehicles?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Amazingly yes, take your pick between drowning or burning

Andy Burns

Actually seems they only run on roads now, rather than the river ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

No - someone said earlier, Thames Water have taken over the slipway for the sewer project

Reply to
Tim Watts

How about:

oldoperatingtheatre.com

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

Plus a lot to get out of the shithole.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Public gallery at the House of Commons (or Lords) when Parliament is sitting is free, no advance booking necessary. Stay as as long, or as little, as you want. Gets you into Westminster Hall as well.

Peter Johnson

Also close to Kew Gardens (for the GF), so gives you a choice if the weather is poor.

Well worth going there by river.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Didn't you get slapped around the face last time you said that to her ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Is that the one in Bethnel green, I went there on a school trip, it was one of the m ost boring Museums I have ever been to. I guess at the time writing up on the history of childrens toys didn't really interest me. But it did have a lot of really boring shit to look at, and an afternoon off school.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I really can't think of anything more boring to do in London. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can. Taking *you* out for a pint.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I used the M40/A43 last time. Beat my work college home, who left at the same time, by nearly an hour.

Reply to
ARW

I was just trying to avoid the big six.

I have already done them loads of times. I did a stint working in London and took the apprentices to them after work plus when on a few trips to Wembley where I have taken the gf around them before the match.

Needless to say she wants to see a show!

Well do the big ones when we take her son for his 16th Birthday in August.

Reply to
ARW