OT The nextdoor neighbour is moving - paving slabs makes it DIY:-)

I can remember helping my brother move house. On the day my brother moved in the the family that he had bought the house from were still living there and had not packed one item and asked if they could stop another day!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

When we arrived to move into our last house, the incumbent was only about half moved out. We piled her stuff in the street.

Reply to
Huge

Back in my childhood days, when we were moving house, I was the last one in and removed the light fittings and cooker switch. My father had to post them back to the new owners. I wonder if they were your lot.

Reply to
grimly4

When all you have is a hacksaw, everything looks like a Dribble.

Reply to
grimly4

Our removals van was late on the day, BT had already changed the number and wouldn't tell me what it was (ex-directory), so nobody could ring back to explain what was (not) happening. Eventually it arrived, accompanied by a breakdown truck.

We were only about half out when the new owners arrived. Two vans and crews, the HGV breakdown truck, the incomers, all milling around - time for a brew.

Our stuff was going out of one door whilst theirs went into the other. They sent a second crew to speed unloading, and we got everything in by teatime.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Too late now, but in that situation, plug a phone in and dial 17070, the exchange will then read back the number ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I know that now, but 30 years ago I didn't. After a couple of frustrating conversations with BT, they eventually said they would ring the new owners, and get them to contact us and tell us the number.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Doesn't work on my phone.

Reply to
Bob Martin

So you see why I like my neighbour:-)

Your neighbour is a wanker. Mine is just a fool.

Reply to
ARWadsworth
[26 lines snipped]

What are these things called "neighbours" of which you speak?

Reply to
Huge

Tried on my Virginmedia phone:-) It asked for a mailbox number.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Or mine

Reply to