Paving slabs on a sloping driveway

Well that is my next door neighbours next job. He intends to link the road up to his "concrete" base with a few paving slabs.

CCTV camera and YouTube are already on standby. Apparently he is going to lay them on sand!

I'm taking him round to pick the slabs up in my van. Does that make me an accessory to a crime?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A photo of the preparation of the slope is shown here.

someone has used a pick to level out the ruts that his Landy made in the limestone chippings.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

"ARWadsworth" wrote in news:iua7qe$7bc$1 @dont-email.me:

Reply to
Chris Wilson

You could start a TV series about this bloke!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Doubt it. I suspect that he may soon be having an extended holiday.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Probably qualifies you as an assistant film locations person.

Should collect some rainwater run off when complete. Why is the mhc so high? Is he planning blocks rather than slabs?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I like the Salvador Dali approach to the hanging of the drive gates

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I hope he never accidentally comes across your vids on YouTube; be kinda obvious who it was filming them!

Reply to
Scott M

He has seen them and thinks that they are funny. He has no idea about this newsgroup though.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

To be fair that was not him. Paul was out when his girlfriend and her mate decided to have a go in his Landy. The idea was to make the Landy face the other way on the drive to annoy him when he got home. All they managed to do was snap the hinge on one fence and bend the post on the other.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No. It's a science experiment. Or an attempt to make money from stupid telly home video programmes. [g]

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Updates???

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Nothing to report. The slabs are still as per the photos and the drive is still unusable.

I will update when something happens.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Has this guy got no feelings at all, does he not realise he is holding up the show and there is a queue of NG members just waiting for the finali. Jeeeeees the guy is so lazy.

Reply to
SS

He is probably waiting for the rebar. He is going to drill holes in the slabs, resin in the rebar and then knock them into the ground. 8-)

Reply to
dennis

He must have a job. He went out this morning wearing a suit:-)

Reply to
Adam Wadsworth

Thought you said he might be having a holiday? Might he been going to make the booking?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

interview suit, funeral suit or court suit?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well someone stole a motorbike from his shed yesterday and managed to get up the "driveway"

ARWadsworth

Owain

Reply to
Owain