OT: The mind boggles......

Changed bank accounts recently, same bank, just went from being Ltd Co back to sole trader.

Bank screwed up a direct debit for my PLI, around £12 a month.

Got a text message on Weds from the ins co saying they were sending me a letter.

Then an e-mail on Thurs saying they were sending me a letter.

The letter hasn't arrived yet......

Reply to
David Lang

It probably works out cheaper to only switch the printer on once or twice a week and print off all the letters in one go. Not just electricity but having someone overseeing all the necessary operations. Saves having people sat around twiddling their thumbs.

They may also get a bigger discount on their postage that way if each individual pickup/consignment meets some specific minimum target.

Whereas automated texts and emails cost next to nothing and may stop people worrying that the issue has been overlooked.

michael adams

michael adams

In message , David Lang writes

I'm amazed. 10 years ago one of the reasons we gave up on our company was the cost of the cheapest PLI we could find. I seem to remember about £100 a month and it had been doubling year on year.

We did something a lot less likely to injure anyone than someone doing a real job (up ladders?).

Reply to
Bill