OT: The European superstate, a potted history..

I always wondered what the Referendum party was banging on about.

And never bothered to find out...

This is something written by an original member - now with UKIP - that at least makes his position clear.

If he is right, it makes chilling reading. And explains exactly why all the rules and regulations and so on that surround us, are there.

A self legalisng dictatorship..yerrs, I can see what he means. I bloody well wish I couldn't.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Tuesday 09 April 2013 12:30 The Natural Philosopher wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"In the famous ?Metric Martyr? High Court judgement 29 years later, in the spring of 2001, Judge Morgan ruled that because of this Act:

?We are now living under a new legal order. Parliament surrendered its sovereignty in 1972. The doctrine of the primacy of European Law holds good. European Union laws have overriding force with priority over our law.?

This judgement was confirmed on appeal."

If that's what a Judge thinks - we're screwed.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Unless you think that the EU is in fact a better organisation than our own political parties....perhaps that why they are so universally crap. To persuade us that in fact a EU dictatorship is better?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well I doubt if they will get it to happen. The big problem at the moment with the EU is that they had to get busy with the same currency. Any fool could have seen that the only way this could work is if all states had the same tax laws and had the same standard of living. Obviously the poor countries want in, as they can see that its free money. However its only free money till it becomes obvious that the system won't work. Personally, I think someone needs to stop saving their faces, and go back a step and let countries stand or fall on their own. Fine keep as many unified regulations as you can for product safety and stuff, but leave the tax and money supply to the countries. You will of course get the cheaper countries supplying to the others, and eventually all may well be the same or similar, but not at the moment and as has been said it will be a dictatorship as the bank is in charge. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On Tuesday 09 April 2013 13:42 The Natural Philosopher wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I have some fungus in the garden that could form a better government than the EU, so it would take some doing...

Reply to
Tim Watts

The problem is that according to James Carver, the whole purpose of the EU is not economic: it is the formation of a soviet style power bloc and a dictatorship.

Therefore they wont step back: the problem they will say, is not that there is too much EU, but not nearly enough, and if countries get up in arms, in will come the Euopean defence force to smack them back, just as the Russian tanks rolled into Budapest.

I am not saying that I believe that. I am thinking about it, But that would be his line, I think.

I only read the thing last night, but it struck a chord, and frankly terrified me as well. I don't want to believe it. But I fear it may be close to the truth.

All the nastiest dictatorships come in with smiles and promises of better things, once in they are like a cancer that you cant get rid of.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And all nasty dictatorships eventually collapse under the weight of paranoia.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Don't worry TurNiP. I have been in UKIP for years. I spent this morning out leafletting for our local candidate.

Reply to
harry

They don't collapse. They have to be destroyed with great loss of life.

Reply to
harry

But we've known this for a little while, haven't we? Didn't they pass an Enabling Act so they don't have to bother with these pesky treaties that need to be voted on by the *people* ??

Reply to
Tim Streater

yes, but 70 years is a long time to wait.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

despite the fact your solar panels will be incomeless junk if they ever get elected?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I didn't say there wasn't a downside ;)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I saw a dog leave something in the kirb that could form a better govenrment than the EU (the dog or the turd).

Anyone else seen anything laying around worht addiung to a voting slip if we ever got the chance to vote.

Reply to
whisky-dave

... and anyone who does object is dismissed as a racist or even worse than that, a Daily Mail reader !

Reply to
Andy Cap

Better that than admit to reading the Guardian!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There will never be a UKIP government. I'll be surprised if there is ever a UKIP MP

But it will cause the others to take note instead of constantly telling lies to us. Now is the chance to give them the good kicking they deserve.

And lots of UKIPpers round here have solar PV panels. Even wind turbines

Reply to
harry