OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

What fun.

Days do not get better than today.

Reply to
ARW

I have a habit of putting some mouthwash in my mouth and holding it in for a few minutes whilst I see to other things. On this occasion, I decided to have a quick look at this newsgroup ....

Reply to
GB

at least the screen smells fresh and minty!

Reply to
SH

I hope your keyboard recovers:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Unlike the apprentices phone.

After he had fished it out and cleaned it up he was disappointed that it no longer worked.

Reply to
ARW

I'm disappointed that there is no mention of how it was fished out. Frankly, the lack of detail in your post is rather shit in comparison to passed offerings. ;)

Reply to
Richard

You're absolutely righht, we need to get to the bottom of this before it drives us all round the bend and drive us Potty!

Reply to
SH

I keep my phone in the breast pocket of my shirt. Being fastidious I like to check the condiion of the bowl when finishd which led to me leaning over one day and the phone popped out of my pocket. Luckily the bowl was filled with clean water and also that my phone was waterproof. The S21 Plus 5G has a water-resistance rating of IP68, which means your phone can be submerged in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1.5 metres.

Reply to
fred

Great stuff. Are we talking toilet bowls here? If so, by "finished" in this context this is post flush. Do you check the bowl before the finished stage?

Please repeat the experiment in a portaloo and report back ASAP as we need to know how the S21 Plus 5G copes in that (enable Sean Connery mode) situation.

Reply to
Richard

yes as those blue coffins are really chemical toilets whereas the vast majority of domestic loos run off potable water but of course some may be on rain water.

Its all very well bragging about IP68 ratings but that is against water. SOme polymers and elastomers are chemically attacked...

Swee

Very handy if you are building from scratch and need to check that the materials you are building from is resistant to whatever chemicals it will be exposed to before you order your metals and ploymers from metals4you or plastics4you websites!

Reply to
SH

By his own hand.

And after he had cleaned up his vomit and his phone and stopped retching he found out his iphone was f***ed.

Comments such as "iphones are shit" and "are you going to make a dirty phone call?" were handed out.

The funniest bit was that he had somehow managed to squeeze a turd onto the screen whilst removing it.

Reply to
ARW

Even more disappointed in you. WTF? No vid?

Reply to
Richard

Too busy laughing - and it stank of shit so I kept my distance..

Reply to
ARW

was he texting or talking to someone while sat on the bog or was he viewing something in private?

Both causing said smartphone to slip out of his hand past between his legs to then splosh into the blue water?

Reply to
SH