Glue for replacing mobile phone protective glass

I was given a mobile phone, my first smartphone, with a case and a protective glass plate on top of the screen which got water under it so I carefully peeled the glass protective plate off.

The "glue" is only on the top and bottom of the 6 inch long phone.

What glue is it? When I removed the protective glass using my fingernail to peel it off gently, I let it dry which solved the water under the glass problem (and the water inside the protective glass made a fog like that inside of a double pane window that cleared up after leaving the glass in the sun for a day).

The glue is no longer sticky at the top and bottom What glue can I use to put the glass back on and have it stay on normally?

Reply to
Sardox

Contact Corning. They make the glass, so axe 'em.

Reply to
Oren

I think you need LOCA glue:

yep:

Dan Espen

Tempered glass- hard, no wrinkles.

You may be confusing it with the old style soft plastic screen protectors...and their main problem was bubbles, not wrinkles. They also started to peel off after six months of average use.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

The thin glass is as flat as plate glass. There are no bubbles. There are no wrinkles. It's smooth as glass. It definitely has "plastic" sandwiched inside (like a windshield does).

The evidence for the plastic is that it cracked in half and stayed intact. Also, the water droplets were INSIDE the glass (which cleared in the sun).

So I have a new uncracked screen on order - which solves the glue problem. The new screen comes "pre glued" with "sticky stuff" (like trim adhesive).

The uv cured Urethane Acrylic glue that Dan Espen suggested seems best. Meanwhile, I've used "Fixodent" which worked surprisingly well so far.

Sardox