circular irrigation in a square farm field

When big circle watering of farm crops is used, does the plowing, seeding, and fertilizing apply to the whole surrounding square, or only to the circle as best they can.
Somone on the radio says that it's the square, but I've assumed that farmers, especially those with GPS-equipped tractors, but also those without (since cirular watering long preceded GPS), do as little excess as the farmer's abiltity to see where the circle is while driving the tractor, and as the width of the plow, seeder, fertilizer can make happen.
If I can get a good answer here, I'll be happy, but if not, I'll stop the car and check next time I'm near one of thes things.
--
Micky

https://youtu.be/CDjT1fhrs-A

https://youtu.be/CDjT1fhrs-A

Only to the circle as best they can and that's one of the reasons that so many are now not bit circles, usually called lateral moves. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrigation#Irrigation_by_lateral_move_(side_roll,_wheel_line,_wheelmove)[36][37]

Yeah, particularly with the planting and harvesting.

Not easy to time the stop right and there is plenty spelt out on the web.
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 14 Jan 2019 11:43:16 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Thanks, the woman on the radio was drawing an analogy between planting circles in squares and religious teaching!! and didn't necessarily know anything about planting, but I tend to give some credibility to everything I hear so i wanted to check.

I may stop anyhow next time, depending on the time of year.

I'm not surprised.
--
Micky

https://youtu.be/CDjT1fhrs-A