Dropped a screwdriver down the toilet drain

I drop a screwdriver down a toilet drain. The drain is cast iron and straight down about 8 ft and then does a 90. The driver is laying at the 90 and I can just see the handle but none of the metal part. It is lying flat. The portion of the pipe it is in is the main section heading out to the main line. I have tried using a 10ft glowrod with a string loop to snag the driver without success.

Would it hurt to just leave the driver in place?

FYI - I did the mandatory cussing, swearing, cursing and drinking. The driver didn't move or respond.

Reply to
Neal

replying to Neal, Iggy wrote: Tape Pliers to the glowrod, just 1 handle. Then, tape or tie a string to the other Pliers handle and pull the string when the Pliers grasp the handle. The Pliers will naturally fall open as you lower them.

Reply to
Iggy