OT Test button on RCDs

Got a phonecall this morning off someone asking what the test button was for on the CU. I gave a brief description and said "go on press it". They did, and that ended the phone call as they were on a cordless phone. 2 minutes later I received a phonecall from a mobile number, same person asking "how do I turn the electricity back on? The switch will not go up". It turned out to be one of those RCDs that trips to the mid positon and needs to be turned to off before resetting:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Sympathy - I've been caught by one of them, too.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I did get there in the end. Not easy when doing the job over the phone!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , ARWadsworth writes

Is this a continuation of the c*ut thread ;-)

Reply to
fred