OT - tablets :- Nexus 7 32gb (2012 model) or Asus Memo Pad HD 16gb

both around £130 which one and why please?
TIA
--
Jim K

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 06:29:13 -0500, Jim K wrote:

ah.... should be Asus Memo Pad HD *7* 16GB
--
Jim K

On 19/03/2014 11:36, Jim K wrote:

Depends what you want it for. The one with only 16Gb of stoage would be totally useless to me, for example, as I like to have about 35 Gig of music available on tap.
On the other hand, if you want to watch HD video, the non-HD display isn't good.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:43:49 +0000, John Williamson wrote:

mmm, so bunging a 16gb SD card in the Asus' SD slot would tip it towards the top for you then...
Cheers
--
Jim K

On 19/03/2014 11:53, Jim K wrote:

If it'll take a 16 Gig card, it'll take a 32 Gig card, which would be alsmost big enough, given all the other cr@p I tend to want on a computer. Then again, as they're both tablets, and I've already got a laptop for surfing and a nice Archos media player with 250 Gig of storage for listening and watching, it's a bit of a moot point for me.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Buy the Hudl. Nice general tablet with everything you could want, except the GPS is a bit vacant and doddery.
I have a new Nexus 7.2 and wish I had not bothered. Superb machine but so restricted by Googles desire to force cloud storage on you instead of normal connectivity. Also I am pissed off going to loads of web sites to be turned away because I do not have Flash.
If you do get a Nexus, you will have to root it to put things right.
On 20/03/2014 17:53, EricP wrote:

Ebuyer have a toshiba win 8.1 tablet for £199 including Office if anyone is interested. Quad core atom IIRC. It would probably need a micro SD card too.
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:53:46 +0000, EricP wrote:

Just use Firefox instead of Chrome - FF installs Flash without problems. YMMV.
--

TOJ.

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:53:46 +0000, EricP wrote:

Hudl? what's it got that the others don't for £10 cheaper...
--
Jim K

Flash is past its sell by date now. It's about time sites stopped using it.
--
(\__/) M.
I note aldidl are offering a 7" quad core tablet for £80 .... Anyone care to critique?
JimK wrote:

If it's a good as Tesco's Hudl, it will be excellent.
--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England
On 25/03/2014 08:39, Bob Henson wrote:

I went for the Acer Iconia which was £60 ish (8gb) with an SD slot. Not crazy about Jellybean mind
stuart noble wrote:

My 2012 Nexus7 was fine with JB4.1 from the factory, it felt quite laggy once it had been upgraded to JB4.2 and 4.3, with KitKat it feels better than it ever did with JellyBean.
CM11 seems to be available for various Iconias ...
On 25/03/2014 11:23, Andy Burns wrote:

Hmm....
On 25/03/2014 19:20, stuart noble wrote:

Doesn't look as though the upgrade applies to the B1 Iconia. Not that bothered TBH as I think it's the whole Android thing I'm having to get used to