OT: Swansea Tidal Lagoon rejected

The tides are different in different parts of the country. By up to two hours.

Reply to
harry

The EUSSR is on the point of collapse. Our departure will hasten it GOOD!

Reply to
harry

Private Eye's comments have been on the links between the ownership of the sources of the rock and the companies which would construct the lagoon.

Do you not realise we've had to wait 40 years, not 5 years, for a vote to get us out of what was a Common Market but has become a United States of Europe.

Mark Shorrock is chief exec of Tidal Lagoon Power, and also a director of Shire Oak Quarries, who own Dean Quarry on the Lizard, allegedly.

,
and

Chris Hogg

But surely the likes of you have the US as your ideal?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Daily Express wannabe reporter?

Reply to
Martin

Ah, you mean like de Gaulle did way back when?

And he was quite right to do so, having figured out that it was only a few twerps like Grocer Heath and the Libs who were actually in favour.

Reply to
Tim Streater

We've had this discussion before. Nothing's changed. You'd need to indicate where else one might have a scheme.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Some United States.

No head of state. No common language. No common currency. No common army No common police force. No common legal system. No common anything, really.

Of course some rules and regs are agreed by all. No different from any type of club or association, etc, anywhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wot he sed

Intermittent Renewable energy is an expensive pice of virtue signalling. It contributes nothing physically useful to the grid

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They said that about joining the common market, too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No. We havent met have we?

(I

I dont separate them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You build at least three of them offset eight hours along the coast.

Reply to
jgh

Just like the juicy subsidies and feed-in-tarriffs, without which it is economically nonsense.

And then there are those wonderful 'consultancy' fees ...

Reply to
Andrew

And where exactly would you find the same tidal range and the same geography '8 hours along the coast'?

More airy fairy hand wavy nonsense.

In short a typical 'green' response

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I suspect the 'transition' period will be just that.

Reply to
Andrew

And then his secret service told him what had been discovered in the North Sea, and how valuable it would be towards subsidising French farmers and rural businesses.

Reply to
Andrew

So you want to build three power stations in order to get the output of one. Not very good at sums, are you.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Quite simply, thanks to a combination of Green pressure, public fear and successive governments unwilling to invest in nuclear power, we didn't build any for decades. The people with the knowledge and the expertise to apply it are long retired. Future nuclear engineers are being trained, but it even with a concerted effort, it would be decades before we could design and build our own again.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker