OT; Bad idea :-)

A scroat in a local town decided it would be a good idea to mug a small Asian looking bloke - having seen him take money out of a cash machine.

Not a good decision - the small Asian bloke was a 1st dan black belt in taekwondo, a second dan black belt in karate - and an ex Gurkha!

The scroat attacked him with a 5" bladed knife, which he blocked, but didn't realise the blade had broken off inside his arm.

Undeterred by this minor injury, he threw his mobile to his wife, floored the bloke with a single kick & kept him in an arm lock (with his remaining good arm) until the police arrived!

Dontcha just love natural justice?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Heh, was just reading about that.

D.M.Chapman

Reply to
Huge

Although I read the bloke has now posted a video claiming Amir Khan's account of the incident was wrong, and he was successfully mugged, and apparently showing off what he stole. I haven't seen it though.

It's come to something when a mugger feels they need to publically defend their reputation as a successful mugger :-{

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Didn't know Maidstone had moved to Sussex. More importantly, I wonder if plod will prosecute the Gurka for ABH or illegal improsenment or some other such rubbish. Fair play to the chap for defending himself. Just my 2D's worth. Nick.

Reply to
Nick

I doubt it. Gurkhas are pretty popular at the worst of times. And rather more so in Kent, I fancy.

Reply to
Bob Eager

You mean 2d's worth.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes, this same sort of thing happened about a year or so ago down in a south coast town, this time the intended victim was an off duty policewoman who was well into martial arts. maybe the crooks are now so desperate for the drug money they will try it with anyone. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

all rather childish, but he never got the vehicle.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

He might live in Flatland.

Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Happened near here too a while ago - the vic was a teenaged girl actually on her way home from taikwando class; apparently her training kicked in and her 'surprised' assailant was still unconscious on the pavement by the time the police arrived

David

Reply to
Lobster

Was he arrested for assault? (The Asian guy I mean) It wouldn't surprise me.

Reply to
harry

Every town should have one!

.... and criminal damage to the knife.

Reply to
Reentrant

Sort of reminded me of an incident when I was a teenager. We had two morons in the town who thought of themselves as "hard men". They had denim jackets with "Hells Angles(sic)" stitched on the back. More of that later.

They tried to mug a short Scots bloke at the local railway station. He turned out to be a para and kneecapped both of them. They reported him to plod for assault. Plod laughed at them.

Oh and about the "originals" they were stupid enough to wear ever day. One day they cycled past some real Hells Angels. Apparently they never forgot the kicking they got.

Reply to
Steve Firth

^^^^^^ Fixed that for you...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I seem to remember a story in the local papers some years ago, where three guys attempted to mug the British Karate champion. One ending up with a broken arm, one unconcsious and one in the canal - or something like that.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

My wife recounts a tale from many years ago when she was walking back from her then boyfriend's flat. She reach a point in the pavement narrowed by an overhanging bush and thought it odd that a guy coming the other way didn't wait for her to pass. He squeezed past her and then grabbed at her handbag. She instinctively swung at him and the bottle of wine in the carrier bag that she had in her hand knocked him out. She just left him there and ran.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

And at the time, the World One-Armed Pressup Champion.

Reply to
Huge

A bloke I knew in (town deleted to save his blushes) was a pretty good black-belt. One evening he was waiting at a taxi rank in evening dress, having been at a wedding reception. It was raining, a steady drizzle that made the pavement quite slippery, especially with the leather soles on his shoes. Three blokes tried to mug him - he got a few good kicks and punches in against them, then fell on his arse because of the shoes/rain/pavement and the muggers gave him a good seeing-to. Only goes to show...

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon