Shower trays

Install one in the bathroom of Handyman Towers - never installed a shower tray before.
Stone type tray with 5 adjustable feet, but no method of attaching feet to floor - like on a bath, and no method of attaching tray to walls, so it doesn't walk about.
I seems pretty stable, but I'm going to make up some brackets to fix it in place anyway - but is it normal for them not to be fixed?

Its unusual to have a stone tray with feet at all. Most of them are designed to be bedded onto a layer or mortar IME
--
Cheers,

John.

On 15/10/2012 21:28, John Rumm wrote:

This has sockets for the legs moulded into the bottom of the tray. Stone 'type' tray, 40mm thick.

Could those really be hollows that are meant to key into a layer of mortar?

Well, I presume it comes with the legs.
I've seen some resin stone trays with legs.
--
Chris French

On 15/10/2012 23:01, chris French wrote:

Nope, specifically for legs - left hand threads.

Nope - an extra.

This one deffo has.

That's like the difference between chocolate flavour and chocolate flavoured.
MBQ
On 16/10/2012 10:12, Man at B&Q wrote:

I've got both types at home, both of which I installed myself (see my other post) and if you didn't root around underneath the tray, you genuinely would never know that the 'stone type' one is any different to the kosher stone resin one. (This is a Coram branded one - would reccommend it unreservedly. Infinitely easier to install.)
David
On 16/10/2012 18:41, Lobster wrote:

WTH is "stone resin"? I'm fairly sure it's not the same as stone... Perhaps it's like "stone type"?
Andy
On 16/10/2012 20:34, Andy Champ wrote:

Basically a formed concrete tray, with a smooth white resin/gel coat type surface on it. Very heavy and solid. (preferable IMHO to the hollow sounding fibreglass trays on legs)
--
Cheers,

John.

On 15/10/2012 21:28, John Rumm wrote:

Is it a Coram (the only model like this I've come across)? The one I fitted here a year or so back definitely has provision in that the feet have holes in through which you can screw them to the floor; and it has a tiling upstand on three sides, which, once it's been tiled in, ensure it can't go walkabout.

Certainly the Coram one does - brilliant thing - not sure that it's stone resin as such, but it's certainly along those lines (ie it's not a floppy plastic affair)
http://www.coram.co.uk/showertrays.htm
David

I fitted 3 stone shower trays in my place .... as I wanted access to a trap underneath .. I built a 4 x 2 frame with 3/4" ply deck. Then used a semi dry mix to bed shower trays onto this ... solid and stable.
I would never again install a tray on feet ... they are a problem long term.

Just posted about bedding trays on semi dry.
Neighbour decide to fix his down with expanding foam .... bad move it expanded (name gives it away) and the thing was pushed out of level so much water moved away from waste.
Also some manufacturers (mine did) specified semi-dry, and use of anything else would invalidate guarantee.