OT: Suspicious transaction on current account

I noticed a payment to Google for advertising, this clearly was an unsolicited payment. I have had a lot of mailshots from Google recently, showing up on my phone, but I have no payment details at all on my phone, so not able to accidently click a button and make a payment. Of course these Google emails are probably phishing exercises and kept for reference in the achives folder.

Anyone else had any Google mysteries.?

Reply to
Smolley

Probably phishing but take a look at

and

Google: "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play"

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Oh countless. I got what I thought was a phishing scam from someone purporting to be EDF's meter readers. Requesting my readings. But I had just read the meter so I ignored it.

Turns out they *are* EDFs meter readers. Lol!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Best to be safe..

Reply to
Smolley

Thanks very useful.

Reply to
Smolley

If it is on your current account then tell your bank it is a fraudulent withdrawal and get them to sort it out.

Reply to
Bev

Someone opened up a Google Ad account in my name in December. They used an ancient credit card number of mine and my old demon e-mail address. I got a security alert on gmail blocking the account. The perp was in Brazil .

Brian

Reply to
brian h

Seconded

We once had a couple of train tickets appear on our statement.

Nothing to do with us and we didn't use Internet banking at that point.

Bank refunded.

Reply to
thescullster

I thought Harry Bloomfield reported a similar issue here a few weeks ago, maybe he hasn't seen this thread?

Reply to
Andy Burns