Makita 18V second fix nail gun - expensive!

I've had a Rapesco 181el nail gun for years and, although it's needed a couple of repairs, it has been great. The only real gripe is the need for a mains supply and that it's hard to get up close to a perpendicular surface. I've become a bit of an 18V Makita fan boy so thought I'd treat myself to a cordless second fix gun (DFN350) to replace the Rapesco - then I saw the price! Ouch! I'll stick with the Rapesco.

Reply to
nothanks

Yup, Makita nail guns are not cheap, and they don't have the range of electric only models.

I would probably be tempted by Hitachi / Hikoki for a nailer...

Reply to
John Rumm

They seem to be a similar price, and (presumably) introduce another battery form factor and charger

Reply to
nothanks

Hitachi do a battery only framing nailer - Makita's framing nailers are still either pneumatic or gas powered (like Paslode). I expect they will come out with some new ones soon, since there are lots of other vendors getting into the market.

But yup buying into another platform is not ideal. I will still with my air nailers for now!

Reply to
John Rumm

There is:

the nails might be too small, depending on what you want it for.

Theo

Reply to
Theo