OT: Stupid

Advert. from Screwfix today, Sunday:

"Black Friday Launches Tomorrow!"

I know that there used to be different calendars, but this one is nuts. As is the concept of Black Friday in a country which does not celebrate Thanksgiving Day.

Reply to
Davey

So, it wasn't just me who thoughts that this is completely insane. :)

Reply to
GB

I want a White Wednesday.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've just checked a retailer's site for black Friday deals (which seem to last a week or more) Everything they advertise as heavily discounted is "OUT OF STOCK"!

Amazon seem to be doing something different this year for black Friday. Items they still have in stock are a higher price than they were a couple of weeks ago - and in some cases not by a small amount.

Item purchased on 7th Nov @ £15.19, Now £18.99 Item purchased on 7th Nov & £29.99, Now £61.32 Item purchased on 3rd Nov & £81.85, Now £89.95

Reply to
alan_m

/Our/ Thanksgiving Day is July 4th.

Reply to
Max Demian

Why isn't this being renamed by the Woke Generation? We can't have blacklist, blacksheep, master/slave any more so why is Black Friday OK?

Reply to
mm0fmf

Because black fridays matter!

Reply to
alan_m

The Wokes are just niggardly :-)

Reply to
gareth evans

Amazon sent me one saying don't miss Black friday week. What? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Can I have a transparent Sunday please? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Yes well stuff they know they can shift cost more so that stuff nobody wants can be discounted. Hardly a new concept. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

in Norn Ireland its 12th July

Reply to
fred

They can stuff their Black Fridays, Thanksgiving Days, Trick or Treat and their bloody Proms not to mention their Campuses

Reply to
fred