Help-Laptop screen upside down

Help my laptop screen is upside down. What can i do. I'm using Windows

10 as far as i know it doesn't have automatic orientaion.
Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

ctrl+alt+arrow (e.g. ctrl+alt+up)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks Andy that worked a treat.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

i.e. not e.g.

Reply to
Tim Streater

There ought to be a foundation set up with the aim of correcting grammar and spelling on Usenet. I even have a catchy name for it: The Sisyphus Foundation.

Reply to
GB

No e.g. (i.e. it could be something else like ctrl+alt+right)

Reply to
Pancho

Does that enable Trump ?.

Reply to
Andrew

No need to be pedantic, i knew what he meant.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

Never knew about that. Could be a really sneaky way to irritate someone you don't like :-)

Reply to
newshound

e.g. is perfectly correct,.because other combinations are possible.

For instance everybody other than the OP, on reading Andy Burn's tip might well try pressing ctrl+alt+down to see if that turns their screens upside down

michael adams

michael adams

People get these two wrong because they've not bothered to understand what each means:

i.e. short for "id est" or "that is" as we say in English. e.g. short for "exempli gratia" or "for example".

As usual Winky is your friend:

and that's only for such phrases starting with 'e'.

Your Sisyphus Foundation is a good idea. We can sign T r o l l up to it, founder member.

Reply to
Tim Streater

There's a tick box for it.

All the wiring is in Windows for two functions of that type.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

That's actually the main purpose of that hot key.

Joke-alt-delete.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Is that a STD?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I wasn't going to comment on your prissyness, but as you've repeated your error, I certainly meant e.g. not i.e.

The possible combinations are ctrl-alt-up, ctrl-alt-down, ctrl-alt-left and ctrl-alt-right, I meant that Jack could pick a combination to change the orientation but, for example, he should start with the one I considered most likely to correct it.

Now go crawl back under your rock for a couple of days ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

"In Greek mythology Sisyphus or Sisyphos was the king of Ephyra (now known as Corinth). He was punished for his self-aggrandizing craftiness "

Um

Reply to
tim...

Personally, I'm a dedicated adherent of the school of not-using-full-stops-in-abreviations-if-they-are-not-really-needed-and-wh ere-leaving-them-out-will-not-cause-misinterpretation-or-confusion (and, of course, also of the Institution For The Promotion Of Hyphens).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

No but its very easy to change it from hitting the wrong keys. Since \I cannot see it was only when a sighted person told me, I knew it had been altered. Don't recall the combination now, but stand on your head and look in the control panel. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That's the one and since I'm always using control sequences it happens annoyingly often..

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Was he tasked with rolling stones uphill and they keep rolling down ? Much like the suspiciously similar in theme Jan Treagle of Cornwall ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk