OT: Steering wheel

Where do you put your hands on the steering wheel when driving? I noticed one person at the 10 to 2 position (oh dear), then everyone else seemed to have just their right hand on the wheel, but near the top! I thought most people (unless they're learning to drive) put their hand at the bottom.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I only use one hand for steering. I use the other for changing my socks etc.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

d one person at the 10 to 2 position (oh dear), then everyone else seemed t o have just their right hand on the wheel, but near the top! I thought mos t people (unless they're learning to drive) put their hand at the bottom.

different positions work best for different conditions. I learn that the sc ary way.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I was considering normal conditions.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

How often do you change your socks?!?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Never at the bottom. I don't feed the wheel. I probably cross my hands, I don't really think about it. The bit I find tricky is pouring the coffee from the thermos flask without having a spill.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Can I vote this as the most stupid post of the week, or has that position been taken already?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

99% of them are.
Reply to
Mr Macaw

Fuck off with your trolling shit Hucker.

Reply to
Just Me

100 percent of the posts you make are.
Reply to
Just Me

I have one hand holding my phone and the other holding my piece (sandwich) I steer with my knee(s)

Reply to
soup

I've done that but one of them was a broken finger.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I do sometimes have that, but with the left hand down around the 4-5.

More fool you.

Reply to
John Akers

"Mr Macaw" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@red.lan:

you can see all this from the bus or walking down to your weakly meeting with the dole btw have you still got that business account with ebay do the dole know

Reply to
Peter the Parrot Fucker