OT: 'Sport' impacting wildlife? ;-(

I thought you might like that!!!

Reply to
Fredxx
<snip very long self-aggrandising virtue-signalling post>

You found one goose that had been injured (because of an abandoned fishing-line), and you seem to want (from the thrust of your Gospel) the abandonment of all sports (that might impact animal well-being).

If you are so interested (in animal welfare), why are you restricting yourself (to such a narrow field)?

A (metastudy) of the number of birds killed in the US (by wind farms) suggest (their slaughter) could be up to 500,000 (per year). A similar study (for the UK) (might well) suggest tens of thousands of birds are killed here (by this method).

Have you (*even once*) mentioned this slaughter? Have you campaigned against it? When are you going to take on the Renewables Industry (over he slaughter of birds), just so that you can keep the lights on (and watch mindless TV)?

You won't (of course).

Keep up the virtue-signalling (and ignore the bigger picture).

Reply to
Spike

Every year in my one and a half acre of garden I find several pigeons dead or dying from no apparent cause, and the remains of at least one a week ripped apart by an owl or a sparrowhawk.

What T i m in his urban cocoon doesn't realise is exactly how brutal nature is.

Humans, while also part of nature, are infinitely kinder to animals than other animals are.

Well. exactly. And who wrote his moral code anyway? why *shouldn't* we be like any other animal and rip apart what looks like food, to us. Why is a bunny more precious than a cabbage? Who told him that? Would he let the bunnies eat *all* his cabbages?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher