Wildlife Gardener Business idea

I have been working as a countryside warden for the council for about 3 years now and am considering starting my own business as a 'Wildlife Gardener', working in peoples gardens.

My thinking is that having the background that I do will create me some sort of niche in the market.

I'd imagine it to be partly a consultant role and partly practical.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in something similar or any thoughts on the idea? Also do you think people would be interesting in this sort of thing when there are so many regular gardeners out there?

My current contract expires at the end of Feb so looking to start around then.

Thanks everyone

Reply to
sim209

Have you done a Web or other search in your area using the keywords that describe what you want to do? That should tell you who's out there, if any. If there is competition, research what they are doing and see if you can come up with something different. Not knowing where you are -- somewhere in UK? -- it's hard to take the pulse of the community. But I bet there are plenty of people who are either too busy or too lazy to take care of their gardens properly.

I wonder about the proposed title "Wildlife" gardener. People might think it's about critters, not plants.

Good luck.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Yes done a few web searches and there don't seem to be any others in the area that are as specific as 'Wildlife Gardener' I suspect I might have to start with a broader approach and not limit myself to wildlife but just offer it as an option.

I am based in Bournemouth so I think that there is plenty of work around as it is an affluent area.

Yes maybe wildlife gardener may give the wrong impression, perhaps I could think more along the lines of Eco-gardener

Thanks for the reply

Reply to
sim209