OT: Scam?

This sounds like a scam to me:

"Hi, Sorry to bother, Hope you are ok. I'm unable to speak over the phone due to a serious throat pains caused by laryngitis, Just wanted to check in and see if I can ask something from you please?"

If it is followed up by a request to do something concerning store gift cards, then it is surely a scam. Any comments?

Reply to
Davey

It's a scam. Need you ask?

Reply to
Peter Johnson

The "Hi" without your name means it's a scam. The request to ask you something without actually asking means it's a scam.

Reply to
Dave W