OT Road tax for 2 days

And it wasn't VOSA who mentioned tyres ..it was the website .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

That's a bit like saying that you should be prosecuted for driving to the pub because someone might buy you a drink. It's not a crime until you are actually committing it.

Reply to
Andrew May

Deal done.

We are dropping the old car off on 28 Feb.

Service manager is picking up our other car for servicing early on 2 March and taking me with him to pick up the new one.

I will drive new one home and service manager will drop other one off after it has been serviced AND MoTd!

As a matter of interest my only conviction in over 40 years driving was for no MoT about 39 years ago. No excuses. Found out when I went to report my car had been hit whilst parked (and pushed right across a pavement). Fortunately the other guy reported the accident (company car) and getting back my excess and NCD was worth much more than the £15 fine.

Reply to
Invisible Man

What situation is that? Read the quote again. An MOT failure is unroadworthy by definition.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

So stopping at a service area for a toilet break would be the same thing, according to what you are saying. (remember, the car was travelling with children in it for over 260 miles to its pre booked MOT and repair.) I can't see the MOT tester liking soiled seats. Can you?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Bar type I presume :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Is this a real issue now, then (genuine question - have I missed something? Just that I found myself in the identical position to the OP a few months ago (deal was scheduled for 30th of previous month, but my insurance co screwed up and failed to get the new cover note to the dealer in time so they couldn't release the vehicle - something to do with it being ex-Motability).

Anyway I decided to take a flyer for the trip to the dealer, and (I thought) got away with it... am I to believe that the DVLA computer may still come knocking at my door, then? :-(

David

Reply to
Lobster

David, absolutely no idea. I reckon you are probably safe after a few months but now cars have to be either taxed or sorn all the time I prefer to play it safe.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Registered keeper, whoever that is. This may be an issue, unless you send the forms recorded...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

The OP is driving a car, you know one of those things that the majority of drivers have,

Can you read?

Reply to
dennis

Ask a copper?

Reply to
dennis

Driving a car with faulty lights is a crime, even if you don't have them turned on!

Reply to
dennis

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Man at B&Q" saying something like:

Bollocks.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I've got two thank you.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I notice you didn't respond to Adrian's point about the windscreen.

Reply to
Andrew May

Not all MOT checks are safety related.

Reply to
PM

Sigh... you're just not as much fun as Drivel, you know.

Reply to
Jules

Reply to
dennis

The only ones that might not be are emissions tests, but even they could be safety related depending on your views. I don't see anything else that isn't directly related to safety in car MOTs.

Reply to
dennis

"dennis@home" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

"Ask a copper?" is not a response.