OT: Replacement windows

Copied from alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains:

Has anyone had new windows recently? We are thinking of replacing ours with uPVC, but I have really no clue how much these things cost nowadays. So, before we get the salesmen in, can someone give me a 'ball-park', per-window average figure? Most of them are about 4 foot square.

Thanks, Neil

Reply to
Neil Bush

Neil Bush wibbled:

Will let you price the materials - and see what common options exist. IIRC I've heard of local prices of around 6k in the south east to do a 3 bed 2 storey house including soffits and facias, in reasonable good white uPVC

I've see blokes working at the rate of window out and in at the rate of 3-4 sets per day, single handed - about a week to a week and a half to do a house.

Obviously stay away from d*ckheads like Anglia, Bowater-Zenith and most other national chains. Best bet IMHO if not doing it DIY is to ask around for a recommendation of a good local bloke.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S