7 RPM Motor wanted

Anyone know where I can get a battery operated motor that runs about 7 RPM .I can get from Maplins a Glitter Ball one but it runs at only 3 RPM . A microwave motor is around 6 but that's a mains motor and I'd prefer a battery one if such a beast exists ...if not it looks like a microwave one will have to do .
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 28, 10:15 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power output? What sort of speed regulation?
Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.
How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?
MBQ
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 05:24:34 -0800 (PST), "Man at B&Q"

I should have explained what it is intended for .It's for making my own fly dryer .7 RPM is the recommended speed so something not much either side of that would do. It's basically just to drive a round pad that the flies are placed on and spun to stop varnish and/or epoxy from sagging while it dries off. Like this one...scroll down to the last item .... Stonefly one No need for speed regulation ..just on and off and there will be no load other than the weight of the pad http://www.troutcatchers.co.uk/acatalog/fly_tying_fly_dryers.html Thx for that link
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 05:24:34 -0800 (PST), "Man at B&Q"

Ah..I see this on which does 5RPM which should do
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrical-Power/PA-Audio-Video/Disco-Equipment/Mirror-ball-motor-5rpm/77892/kw/Motors
Add pictures here
✖

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power output? What sort of speed regulation?
Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.
How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?
MBQ
What speed are the one's in central heating valves?: must be skipfulls chucked out when the contacts burn out but the motor is still fine. But that would still be mains voltage.
✖

Indeed ...I've changed my mind about the mains voltage thingy ....dunno why I was against them ....Just remembered I have a microwave that I hardly ever use that I found in the street and the price when new from Asda was £9 ..lol ... so it might be sacrificed .
Add pictures here
✖

Exactly 7 or something close? What sort of quality? What sort of power output? What sort of speed regulation?
Take a look at Rapid Electronics http://www.rapidonline.com part number 37-1210. Put "motor" into their search box for more.
How about a stepper and suitable control electronics?
MBQ
Microwave motors are simple synchronous motors and don't have a latch that stalls them if they try to run in the wrong direction. Consequently it's 50:50 which way they rotate, is that a problem in your application?
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
✖
Graham. wrote:

run a 3 rpm one at double the voltage and a bit.
Most of those crappy DC motors will take loads more voltage before the brushes start skipping.
Our model aircraft use the 3v toothbrush motors on around 10v...
Add pictures here
✖

I am going to check my microwave now every time I use it.
Kevin
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:15:46 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

<http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/262053.xml
With the 500:1 gearhead would give you 8RPM.
12VDC
Add pictures here
✖