OT Refurbished Mobile Phones

I'm after a Samsung A320 (2017) which are out of manufacture now, so was considering getting a refurbished one, in good to excellent condition, unlocked, don't mind if it doesn't have charger and cable etc.. Quite a few suppliers come up on google search, also some bad reviews for many of them! Anyone have any experience of buying used mobiles, and could recommend a supplier?

Reply to
Davidm

Music Magpie have been fine for me. CEX too, although I haven't bought phones from them only computer stuff.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

It very much depends on how well it was treated by the owner I suppose. Hopefully most will have a new battery, but often the issues can be that nobody knows how long the touch screen will last. Most people I know who have had apple phones in this way, seem to be OK within the restraints of the model of course. How much warranty is offered, that is often the give away with anything 'pre owned'. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I have had various bits from Cex and apart from minor cosmetic damage they have been fine. Better to buy in person and see the thing in the flesh than online but that requires finding a store with physical stock.

The only thing to beware of with mobile phones is the wear and tear on the battery for a heavily used phone longer term and the inability to get Android updates after a while for older models of phone. For that reason I prefer to have a phone from new and look after it.

I can't help feeling there ought to be a market for new physically smaller and lighter smart phones. They seem to gain about 0.4" per year these days. In another 3 years they will be tablet sized devices.

Moto g5 5.5" Moto g6 5.7" Moto g7 6.2" Moto g8 6.4" Moto g9 6.8"

Reply to
Martin Brown

On an older phone the battery is probably a user replaceable item. You may have to go through a calibration procedure to get the charge indicator correct with the new battery.

Reply to
alan_m

Quite an old phone if so, my last four phones have been non-replaceable.

Reply to
Andy Burns

There are lots of them on Ebay, you can probably find one that looks decent and is being sold by someone with good feedback who seems genuine

Reply to
Murmansk