OT: pubic hair

As usual, when I woke from my nap I flicked through the channels. I found myself (and Hil) looking at a programme where people were naked. It appeared to be some sort of dating programme. All the females had shaved their pubic hair, most of them leaving just a thin vertical line of hair above the vagina. I find this absolutely horrible; a total turn-off. To me a hairless pubic area means 'pre-pubescent' and every sort of revulsion happens in my mind. It's a giant no-no. It's like driving along a road and coming round a corner to find barriers across the whole carriageway, signs saying Road Closed, and bobbies with sub-machines guns glowering at me.

Is it just me? Am I behind the times?

Do all young women do this, or is it just when they're going to display their pubic area on national television?

Anyway, what possesses these people to go on such programmes?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In message , Bill Wright writes

How on earth do you find this stuff? Must have been middle of the night?

Commonly known as a landing strip.

They were raised in Basildon?

Reply to
Graeme

I have no issues with any of it, but as to why it should be made into a tv show, I imagine its this famous for being famous thing again. Like you might become a professional celebrity You have no other talent than to be happy to share every intimate fact about yourself and bare all on TV, just like that Kim woman and her crazy family do all the time. It kind of leaves me cold. I have no real opinion one way or another. Fine if that is what they want to do, nobody is forcing me to listen or watch it.

I am reminded of Monty Python sending up these sort of shows many moons ago, I think in that case they called the show Ethel the frog, and the idea was people had various claims to fame which got more bizarre as time went on.

So I'm not surprised it has come to pass. I think the only reason its not got even more extreme is because it might be criminally prosecutable to do some things .

The problem today is that we have far too many channels of tv, and not enough stuff to put on it all.

Its a bit stupid really. I can remember when I was young I had several videos so I did not miss programmes that were good. I now have no videos as there is nothing I want to watch enough to bother, and that would go even if I could still see. All the shows about houses, emergency services vets, people in a house the jungle and off on some adventure with a person I've never heard of, or cooking or dancing or who knows what else. See one you have seen them all. Sometimes themed programmes can work like the ones on canals showing some of the small and rarer places along the way, fine, but it seems that everything has to be done to extremes these days. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You only have one life. Think what you could do with the time you waste watching crap. Find something & do it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

10 or 11 p.m. or so on E4.
Reply to
Bob Eager

It's to show off their badly inked tattoos.

Reply to
alan_m

He alternates his time by reading crap on this group :)

Reply to
alan_m

They are Brazen Hussies and have No Shame (or Modern and Liberated, take your pick)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I prefer to floss my teeth with the cord sold for the purpose and have smooth parts on my partner. It can also avoid having your nose tickled and sneezing at the wrong time ! I also feel it is only courteous for me to be similarly smooth. As for the TV programme my gast is flabbered by the need for such displays.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Reminds me of the old one:

Q. How do you get rid of pubic har?

A. Sppitt! Sppitt!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Most young women these days do a certain amount of shaving (or have it done to them) down below based on my experiences. It's something that they talk about with their mates and Louise knows the details of all her friends bush or lack of it.

And if I was younger I would apply to go on the show.

Reply to
ARW

watch all of it, did you Bill ?

Reply to
critcher

No-one can work every waking hour. I usually watch one hour of TV after my nap while I gather my strength. Very few retired people work as hard as I do.

Since this is a DIY group I'd like to mention that I have just completed a month's work on the house. I've had scaffolding on hire and I've worked single handed and very hard.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I wish they'd insist on banning it; stupid load of s**te. Like I really want to sit there gawping at some other bloke's hairy arse or nut-sack. Yuck!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

====snip====

What do you think? It's not called "Car Crash TV" for nothing! :-)

To be fair, most 'entertainment' TV programming relies upon the "Car Crash" element to some degree to keep their viewers glued to the screen. The commercial broadcasters rely very heavily on this phenomena in their advert bait programming (soap operas being prime examples), the Beeb far less so although BBC1 is only slightly less guilty of this abuse of their viewers' trust in the chase for 'audience ratings'[1].

Now that BBC3 has been banished from OTA dissemination, the strength of the "Car Crash" element pretty well follows an inverse relationship to their channel numbering. Not a hard and fast rule because I see some BBC1 stuff repeated on BBC2 (usually morning broadcasts) along with some BBC2 programmes that quite obviously appear to have been commissioned with a BBC1 audience in mind.

[1] Even this "Lowest Common Denominator", 'race to the bottom', 'base appeal' style of programming serves a 'Noble Purpose' for those poor unfortunates who need their soap opera based viewing 'fix' but can't afford the goods and services advertised by the commercial broadcasters and feel in need of relief from the 'taunting fest' that is commercial TV programming.
Reply to
Johnny B Good

Are you incapable of changing the channel?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

You were damned unlucky to have to watch a programme that you did not like:-)

I have just had 3 days in Filey (where I do have access to a TV). Over

100 channels and I found nothing worth watching so I went out.

You are Mary Whitehouse AICMFP.

Reply to
ARW

Of course. In my own experience if you can find something better than tv, which accomplishes exactly zero, to do during downtime, life is significantly better for it.

Can't have talk of that here!

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Chacun a son gout and all that.

I read somewhere that the trend for shaved pubes (not limited to the female of the species) is leading to a huge reduction in the population of pubic lice.

Reply to
mark.bluemel

Are you the lion in the Eeeeekayyaaahh advert ?.

Reply to
Andrew