M$ Office goes "woke"

Hi All,

I thought this was a hoax it is so stupid, but researching it, it is all over the place.

Well now, those folks who can't figure out what bathroom to use and believe femininity is a societal construct, they now has a word process to correct any "offensive" words they might accidentally use. M$ Word is now going "woke". It now has an included a "woke" word checker.

?Mrs. Thatcher? => ?Ms. Thatcher.? ?mankind? => ?humanity? or ?humankind? ?maid? => ?house cleaner? ?headmaster? => ?principal? ?master? => ?expert? ?manpower? => ?workforce? "LGB" or "FJB" => "BBB" (I am guessing on that one)

"LBG" Lets Go Brandon "FJB" F*** Joe Biden (LGB is much politer) "BBB" Build Back Bummer

And on and on and so forth.

YEEEGADS! Me thinks M$ may have jumped the shark on that one.

For the rest of us normal people:

Libre Office:

Free Office (old version of Softmaker):
Softmaker:
(has release notes)

Only Office Desktop:

WPS Office (has an Android version):

-T

I downloaded free Libre Office and Open Office to my new laptop a few years ago.

I have an older version of MS office which I just checked and see they have not touched with crap like this. I had to buy it years ago consulting when docs prepared in the free products would not render images in MS office customer users.

Currently I believe MS strategy is to rent you MS Office where you would see the crap you mention.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Hi Frank,

Open Office was crap. When Libre Office took over, they asked everyone for a list of the unfixed bugs in Open Office and they fixed them post haste.

It was heaven for a while. Then the Open Source economic model took hold: give the software away for free and change for maintenance. LO very, very seldom will fix user reported bugs UNLESS you put them on your payroll. So, only large companies can get anything fixed.

It is a kind of a hostage situation. Hey will give you a shiny new car with a missing wheel. Then issue a bunch of upgrades with a tons of fancy new features you don't use, but your still are driving on three wheels until you pay them the ransom. But is has a fancy new radio! And they do deserve to get paid for what they do.

Free office is good. Does not have as many features as LO, but it is a lot more stable. And their support takes bugs. The spreadsheet won't write to an odx, but will read one.

Mixing portrait and landscape pages in LO is a nightmare. Free Office can't do a table of contents, but can read one.

Office 365 is M$ rental version where all this mischief is appearing, not to mention the spying. I try to talk my customers into the stand alone version. So far I have always succeeded. My only customers with 365 are the ones who did not ask me first.

-T

1+

I love "New and Improved", but I can not stand regressions that are hyped as improvements. Hint, Hint Microsoft marketing department.

Geez! They have to know what you really are so they can treat you properly! This is not a good sign.

When they could lock you in a dependent voter

I am keeping that one!