[OT] Playing mp3s in the car

Good Good...is she still on there?

I gave up on R2 (mainly mornings anyway) when they took on Chris Evans.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , ARW writes

Indeed, although we prefer to travel overnight, when traffic is light. Next trip is July - collect child from school then head on down. Straight down the coast from Aberdeen, Perth, Edinburgh, pick up the A1, keep to the coast through Berwick then just keep going until we hit the M11. Longer way round, but a better trip.

Reply to
News

If you get up earlier than there is Vanessa Feltz.

Reply to
ARW

Yes, difficult. I find adverts elsewhere drive me insane now, so rarely listen to anything other than R2/4, but don't like R4 with family in the car. They do insist on talking :-)

Chris Evans annoyed me at first, but I'm used to him now. I quite like the old charts show, but that means listening to Blackburn. He was a PITA on Caroline, and nothing has changed. Woof. I'm too old for R1. Most of the DJs I quite liked are probably dead or in prison now. Johnny Walker soldiers on, and I used to like Johnny Moran. Sad when we lost Roger Scott, John Peel and Everett. I always found Everett, like Wogan, to be much better on radio than TV.

Reply to
News

On 6 Jun 2015, ARW wrote some amazing prose:

Amazing nominative determinism!

Reply to
Tom Raider

Yes - some of Everett's stuff was amazing - and I speak as a sound engineer, so know how much work it took then. Do sometimes wonder what he might have created with today's technology.

Main difference was the radio stuff was (mainly) his own work. TV, written for him. And he never seemed to actually enjoy doing it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It all depends on if you would give her one.

I would.

Reply to
ARW