OT: ParcelForce

"Your parcel has, unfortunately, been sorted to the wrong delivery depot. We will forward it to the correct delivery depot and it will be delivered as soon as possible."

Reply to
GB

You may be perfect but most businesses operate on the basis (as M&S used to put it) that "The price of perfection is prohibitive".

Reply to
Robin

Look at this way, at least they know where it is.

Reply to
nightjar

One of our guys used to say: 'We aspire to mediocrity'.

Reply to
Scott

Yes. I was amused, more than anything. I've been meaning to get round to this job for ages, and a couple more days won't hurt.

Reply to
GB

I think that is Parcel Force speak for: "We ought to have it at tour local depot, but we haven't a clue where it is now!.

Reply to
Fredxx

probably :)

Reply to
Robin

Trouble is the cost of rework necessary on the repair line far outstrips the apparent saving by poor inspection/ assembly quality.

Reply to
mechanic

That's when you err in the opposite direction. M&S used to be able to find the optimal balance between cost and quality for their market. Just like British Leyland didn't.

Reply to
Robin

We used to call them Parcel Farce some years ago, due to their spasmodic tendency to ignore addresses and deliver anywhere. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It turned up at 10 this morning. So, they really hadn't lost it. :)

Reply to
GB

There's no 'balance' between cost and quality. Quality is free, as the saying goes.

Reply to
mechanic