Has anyone adjusted or repaired a recliner chair.

....ours seems to have got very slack at the frame moving joints and the foot rest is lower now.

Reply to
Sysadmin

You think it's wear on the joints?

Reply to
GB

Good question. I've moved a few which usually involves partial dismantling, and have never seen obvious signs of wear in the joints. I don't think they usually do all that much movement. I think I repaired a mechanical failure in the dim and distant past, but can't remember details although I am sure it wasn't wear.

Obviously, almost anything is mendable, but I suspect that a "professional" repair for worn joints would not be economic. But maybe the whole internal mechanism could be swapped out for a new one.

If the joints were worn, I would also be worried about the state of the motor / gearbox etc.

Reply to
newshound

What sort is it? There are all sorts of reclining chairs. Pic?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

What make is it. Is it a manual or electric recliner? There's lots of stuff online about recliner mechanisms - Google is your friend!

Reply to
Roger Mills