OT Panic buyers

I heard on the radio that the Gvt could lose about £150 million due to loans being taken supposedly by new Universal benefits system, and this was because the labour party said it should be easier for new claimants to get money sooner, and so they have, even if they are not entitled to it.

Reply to
Andrew

Even the mass produced stuff is over a £1 in most supermarkets.

Reply to
Andrew

It isn't the Gvt that will lose money - it's the poor British Taxpayer.

Reply to
charles

I bet Corbyn's quite relieved he lost the election now.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

This is in the context of the billions spent on benefits hardly a huge sum, and if this is the cost of preventing people, many vulnerable, from starving for six weeks then it is worth paying. There may well be other inefficiencies in the system which cost as much, but are harder to identify.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Yet you have no issue being chummy with serious offenders.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Noncing, Jim. That?s what Brian reckons Scummins went to jail for.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Brian has said more than innuendo about Paul recently, quite a few times when he?s lost his temper he?s quite plainly called Paul a nonce.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

It?s all in the archives.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

I don?t know why Paul?s not sued him for libel yet, tbf.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Simply not true. Part of a libel case would investigate whether or not a statement is true. But you can sue regardless. Though you would very likely lose.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

It's bloody annoying. Darling wife buys stuff on special offer. So, a few weeks ago, she laid in enough rye and white flour to last 6 months. But, wholemeal wasn't included in the offer, so we're almost out of that.

Reply to
GB

You may regret posting that when the legislation against hoarding comes in and the confiscators arrive.

Reply to
Robin

As usual you have totally missed the point. Most of these unexpected loans were taken out online by people who had no need or right to take the money.

Reply to
Andrew

I'd be more concerned about a weevil infestation. Or mice.

Reply to
Andrew

Roger has a strange way of justifying things. If the a leftie does something, even if it is illegal, no problem. Anyone who doesn't share his politics does something, no mercy, even if what they've done isn't criminal etc- he just needs to disapprove.

I wonder what he thinks of Joanne Rust's antics?

Reply to
Brian Reay

Quite true. We had mice. They do leave a disgusting mess, although they fortunately succumb to poison, poor things!

Reply to
GB