OT: Online prescriptions. Better than Boots?

That guess might be true, but might not. The four National Health Services across the four nations have different ways of handling these things. Some still handle physical paper prescriptions.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Do you mean if you need a repeat prescription, you have to go to your surgery to pick it up, as once was the case? Which of the four still need that?

If only paper, a repeat would have to be posted to the chemist of your choice. With more cost and delay.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

it depends. The chemist in our village has been unable to dispence prescription since the pharmacist has left. Repeat prescriptions have been buildingb up. SWMO had to call at the medical centre to get a paper prescription to take to the next village.

Reply to
charles

Thanks for that Jeff, interesting.

So mine are "Amlodipine 5mg tablets (Almus Pharmaceuticals Ltd)" and if I read that right, cost 1GBP/box of 28?

So I reckon if you take into account the time of the doctors signing such a thing off every month, plus the pharmacist checking them though and taking the time to book them out to me (checking my details etc) and the cost of 12 small boxes and instructions versus one yearly one, I'd say all that's likely to cost way more than 12 quid a year?

If I carry on with the (free) postal service it would be even worse (as you still need all the above plus all the extra packaging and postal costs)?

I get that they might not be so keen to supply the Mrs with a years worth of Paracetamols but we could probably go out for day and buy a years worth if we wanted in any case?

100 x Paracetamol 500mg caplets (Crescent Pharma Ltd):

NHS indicative price, £4.50 Drug tariff price, £3.06 ?

If she takes 4 a day (average) a box would last 25 days (it generally lasts longer).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip> I thought I'd replied to this Graham but I can't see one so ...

I have only done the one that allows for electronic ordering of prescriptions as that didn't require the presentation of any photo ID (that I don't have).

Hmm. ;-(

TBF, the old manual paper prescription system worked ok for us as we were often within a few paces of our preferred chemist, Boots when out shopping or even dog walking. The only time it was an issue is if we happened past when the pharmacy was closed for lunch (they seem to be on a sort of flexi time), if we tried to collect too soon (before signing up for the text notification) or if it had been held up for some reason (awaiting delivery of a drug order to the shop).

Yup, same here.

I don't always put my tablets out (the Mrs might) so I don't always know how many I have left in the packet and given I don't know what day of the week it is some times (courtesy to never being diaried and retired). ;-)

When I asked here I though I was told, once started the repeats would be automatic? ;-(

When doing the old paper prescription they would ask if we wanted to resubmit the request when collecting but the Mrs always said no for some reason, putting it in manually later?

Seeing I only had less than a weeks worth of tablets left, I re-submitted the previously 'cancelled' one and am awaiting a reply.

<checks spam folder from yesterday>

"Thanks for choosing Boots. We have now received a prescription from your GP and will start the assembly of your item(s). You should receive your order within the next 5 days and we'll let you know when it's in the post."

So, assuming it arrives, do I understand I might be able to request from the GP a maximum of 3 months worth (I think the Boots online reminder service allows for intervals of 1 month and up)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m