OT On TV last night.

Escape to the Wild. (Kev. again) DIY project on "Desert Island" I don't think this island was as deserted as was made out. Lots of machined timber. Concrete/Bricks/Blocks How did it get there?

What does the team think?

Reply to
harry

Two options I can think of, assuming he couldn't have made them himself:

1) Somebody else had the same idea, gave up and left a lot of material behind

2) He brought it in by bo0at from one of the other islands in the archipelago

Reply to
Nightjar

Oooh, let me guess...

That you're believing TV game shows again.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes a pinch of salt is always suggested when we are looking at tv shows. i remember some time back the sort of shots we actually saw from a person, a diver lady i think, who was marrooned for a few weeks on an island were more what one might expect to find, not a real brick in sight I seem to recall. That was many years ago. Lucky she had a waterproof camera. brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

The couple seemed vaguely familiar, did they used to 'run' Necker Island for Richard Branson?

Reply to
Andy Burns

They have portable sawmills; send one of those over on a boat.

I expect it's like farmers here who hire a combine-harvester for a few days, or a knife-sharpener who comes round in a van every few months.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com writes

That immediately brought to mind Any umbrellas any umbrellas, to fix today. Think I'll go and lie down.

Reply to
News