OT: Nuclear ships part II

That is pure sophistry. If the EU bans its members from having nuclear ships, how come both the UK and France have nuclear submarines? Where is the EU law that says nuclear subs are legal?

Reply to
newshound

The reactor material might be useful to terrorists, or to states with nuclear weapon ambitions.

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

Face-saving deflection noted. When you're in a hole, stop digging.

You stated "EU specifically does not allow nuclear ships". Please cite where this is "specifically" stated.

Please resist the temptation to use nonsense refererences to "Roman Law" and suchlike.

Use the space below.

Reply to
Pamela

I agree with you. But, apparently, submatines are technically 'boats'!

Reply to
Bob Eager

*plonk* You are not worth it. You cling to your ignorance like an alcoholic to a bottle
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They don't regularly tie up in container ports.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There probably wouldn't be enough of it and in any case if they did use thorium salt the intermediate product is more likely to kill the terrorists than anyone else

weapons grade fission material has to be really refined to go bang. Of course the stock fear is that they could cause panic by spreading it around, like they don't do with e.g. sarin or any other nerve gas.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So?

Reply to
newshound

The contents of an old-fashioned radiotherapy machine would be pretty effective too. Modern ones less so, but let's not explain why.

Reply to
newshound

Sigh. Look up the history of nuclear powered ships. The objection was them docking at foreign commercial ports.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Neither do you.

That?s bullshit. There is no law that says you can pick your nose or fart in the privacy of your own home and yet you are free to do both if you want to.

More pig ignorant bullshit.

Reply to
Alex

I love watching true ignorance assert itself openly and unashamedly and utterly without the slightest clue as to the complete idiocy it is revealing

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

  • 1

Couldn't have put it better myself

Reply to
newshound

I suspect Leo was attempting to growl loudly at me in the hope I would run away from his "towering intellect". Instead he ended up displaying his towering stupidity.

Don't forget, by his own admission the only person who would marry him was someone with a severe personality disorder and it shows in how he relates to people here.

Reply to
Pamela