Re: Proposed Part P Building Regulations (Electrical Wiring)

>> Would the average man on the street realise that building regs >> approval is now required to replace a hot water cylinder? > >Is it? >Bloody Hell. > > >What does that cover then? >I mean as far as regs. Surely there are limited things that can be screwed >up replacing a cylinder?

For this one, the nanny state would like to make sure that you are using a cylinder of suitable type to meet energy saving requirements.

You can either do the work yourself and issue a building notice at your local authority or use a professional member of an approved trade association who will self certify.

In addition, if the cylinder is pressurised, they would like an approved professional to install it. However, that has been the case for a while.

>Paul > >off.> >

While you've been away, they've regulated sex as well, so forget about that until you have a permit from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. Of course, if you are a member of a trade association, you can "self certify". That particular organisation, according to their web site, seems to be very keen on "self certrification".

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well Screwfix said it was...

Oh FFS. They'll be telling me I can't replace my windows next.

;->

Oh no, standard vented semi pumped system. Expect lots of tedious boiler rplacement questions real soon now.

Ahh, I'm in a long term relationship and have a young child; "self certification" is about as good as it gets these days.

cheers

Paul

Reply to
Paul Coyne

I think John Prescott might be more interested in "self gratification". Leastways, he comes across as being a big of a willy wonker.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

BG do not replace HW cylinder to the regs, and claim that they are exempt

Go figure!"

Reply to
Neil

I must admit I did perform quite a double take in the local trade place when the lad behind the desk said I'd be breaking the law if I installed anything less than 25mm double glazing.

Ross

Reply to
r.galvin

Let's all bookmark this thread and come back in 10 years time to see what other dumbshit legislation, that would seem unthinkable today, has been introduced.

ROFL :-)

Reply to
Parish