OT noreply@... Why?

I received a home delivery from Iceland* which included mouldy cheese, mushy carrots, a cauliflower that was way past it's best and pitta breads that had one day before their best before (I know... but still..).

I messaged through their web form and explained and said if they provided an email address i'd send pics of the items and the packaging (which i've already taken). They've emailed me back using a noreply@... and asked me to go back to the web form and enter all the codes from all the packaging. I can't really be arsed, and neither can they by the look of it, I'll just not shop there again.

But again WRT noreply@, I had a bill due from a suplier and it was chased by email, they were threatening to put our account on stop, I paid it and advised them by replying to the email. The next day when our account *was* on stop I realised i'd replied to a no reply email address.

There must be a reason, I can't see the point.

*I don't normally shop this way but we are rough with a cold.
Reply to
R D S

Those companies that use that are a PITA. Find someone else who answers a phone and spend your money with them instead. There's no other way to teach 'em.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I'm old school, I normally go on our market but we're both rough and thought we'd treat ourselves to some 'convenience'!

Reply to
R D S

email/phone the CEO

Richard

Everyone is doing it. Its to stop spam I think. The web forms are all vetted for genuineness, but anyone can send an email.

They should in my opinion, have some form of other contact available. I don't know why they don't they often feel a chat function on their website is the way to go, but most of these seem to be bots most of the time, so even if you ask a question not in their FAQ they still tell you to go there, either that or they know sod all in any case. The best results I've had was John Lewis and Amazon who both had a telephone contact in which the issue was quickly resolved. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Report them to your local council.

Reply to
wasbit

Well I called Virgin Media today to update my package to 200Mbps and lower what I pay them per month.

I have a norelply address on the confirmation email and they have somehow halved my broadband speed instead of doubling it.

Reply to
ARW

Thickies.

And I read in the Times today that King Charles, when he was younger, went to Namibia along with Laurence van der Post to experience closeness to nature and survived four days in 120C heat and frosty nights.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Nope, 120F

Don't believe anywhere has both on the same day or week.

Reply to
zall

120°C? I doubt it. 120°F perhaps.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1 for Amazon
Reply to
fred

Just checked - the wi-fi is now 200Mbs but not to my PC that is hardwired that shows 50Mbs

Reply to
ARW