OT: No Austerity in the BBC!

And it's the real world where the wealth is actually earned to pay these people so surely that's where we need the best.

Reply to
bert

Thanks, but I think others have answered the question now.

Reply to
Scott

Yes, I thought that but thanks for confirming.

However, if it's that easy how come Chris Evans did not make the programme through his production company (Ginger Productions?) to avoid this situation? Given I thought the BBC were encouraged to outsource to independent production companies, this would have suited everyone. The same must apply to others.

Reply to
Scott

they've spent the last 5 years trying

Reply to
tim...

A shareholder then, who can receive dividends.

Reply to
JoeJoe

"In short: having cost your fellow taxpayers a considerable amount of money in having your curiosity satisfied, what are you "personally" going to do with this information ?" (Michael Adams 21/07/2017 10:32)

Note the use of the words 'fellow taxpayers' - totally different to 'outsiders'.

Reply to
Scott

I'd say most incompetance in councils stems from the management decisions.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

do you mean the Councillors or the paid officials?

Reply to
charles

Whoever makes the decisions. I don't know which that is.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Phase 2 of a multi-million cycle lane project was rejected by our council by a single vote - that of a driving instructor councillor that lives around the corner from us who decided to vote against his party line.

Phase 1 is/was a major flop and was very strongly opposed with near violence at the last meeting. 2.5 lanes reduced to one very narrow in each direction with nowhere to stop/move out of the way. Council figures of phase 1, measured from spring to autumn (nobody uses it in the winter

- and I am sure they massaged the numbers to make them look better), were 17,000 cars passing PER DAY compared with 170 cyclists PER WEEK.

Geniuses...

Reply to
JoeJoe

Paid officials have to implement Councillors' decisions. Just as in the Civil Service, the Ministers decide what needs to be done.

Reply to
charles

One of them must have moved up here. I've just had a one way street installed, causing everyone to drive an extra mile to get to their destination, making the surrounding streets busier. Before that a chicane on a blind bend going downhill with priority to uphill traffic. And before that cycle lanes installed on a road without room for them, so if you obey the cycle lanes, you smash into a car coming the other way, again on a blind bend.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

But do they not get leeway on how to implement them?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I think the dividend income would be treated as his whilst they are minors but I could be wrong.

Reply to
bert

What other reason would Jeremy Vine have to put his young daughter as a shareholder in a company with no real assets, and money coming in and going out regularly? Teach her about business? ...

Reply to
JoeJoe

but do we know that JV has done that

I just took it as a jokey comment

tim

Reply to
tim...

So you were wrong:

JoeJoe

Best ask an accountant. Maybe there are tax implications CGT/IHT compared to waiting until she is 18.

Reply to
bert

Well, if any one of those turds at the BBC were to avoid tax, I'd sooner it was Jeremy Vine than anyone else. He's about *the only* fair-minded, unbiased presenter they have and genuinely welcomes comments from all shades of the political spectrum. on his radio show. Doesn't excuse tax- dodging of course, but at least he's not guilty of hypocrisy.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I have avoided car tax for two years - by not having a car :-)

Reply to
Scott